All three message videos from our series on pride and humility called “Knocking Ourselves Down a Peg” can be watched here for your convenience.
Text to Read: Hebrews 10:19-25 NLT
Watch the whole message here:
The Main Points:
- Jesus provided the way for you to be in a close, loving relationship with God.
- You may be tempted to think, with all this access to God, you can go it alone.
- Stay with the group! Don't try to follow Jesus by yourself
- 1 Peter 5:8 - the devil is like a lion, seeking someone to devour.
- Rather than attending church on a come-and-go basis, you should strive to be connected to an authentic, godly community.
- Action Steps:
- Make church a top priority each week--Don't "squeeze it in"!
- Develop deeper relationships with Jesus and other believers by joining a Community Group.
Prefer to listen? Do so in your favourite podcast app or right here:
Sometimes it can be amazing to hear stories about all that Jesus has done in people's lives. What's really great is that these stories are not uncommon. Why is that? It's because, no matter your situation, Jesus Changes Everything. Jesus' impact on our lives is the reason why we must be driven to obey his command to share with others what he has done.
Text: Romans 10:9-15
Following Jesus changes your mind, your heart, and your mouth.
Paul explains in verse 10 the fundamentals of a faith that brings eternal life, and that faith is going to change you. For example, believing something in your heart involves your mind, but it goes beyond mere mental assent to some historical facts and moves into something that becomes the core of who you are.
People who begin to follow Jesus find that things in their lives--even their own selves--change!
Jesus Changes Everything
This is why we’re so profoundly moved by him, why we meet together, why give time and money and effort, why we should desire to tell others about him.
If the Good News of Jesus is meant for everyone, how can they respond if they don’t hear it?
You need to get the message out there
Through supporting missionaries or responding to the call to missions yourself
By sharing the love of Jesus and your story of how he has changed you with others.
Commit to share your faith or offer to pray for 1 unchurched person a week.
Listen to the whole message here: