This week was a time of Celebration!
Pastor Stephen spoke on 1 Samuel 17:32-37 and talked about the importance of celebrating the wins God has given us in the past (even over difficult circumstances) so that we can move forward into what God has for us in the future!
The Big Thing: Look back to move forward
- Trust that what God has done before, he will do again.
- David pointed to his past for courage to face the future.
- The challenges God enabled you to overcome in the past prepare you to face giants in the future.
- Imagine how differently you would approach difficult moments in your life if you always kept in mind that God is preparing you for something through it?
- Your past doesn't have to define who you are or what you do, but it has made you the person that you are today.
- God knows what is needed to get each person ready for the future.
- No one is born ready to take on the greatest challenge in his or her future!
Some Questions to think about:
- What have you gone through that God helped you to overcome?
- How has God changed you this past year?
- What did you do that helped you serve Christ better? What didn't work?
- How did you live in response to the Gospel?
Look back to move forward.